Location: Linköping, Sweden
Time: 8:00-18:00 November 23-25
The objective of MCC-2011 is to bring together researchers and practitioners from academia and industry to present and discuss recent work in the area of multi-core computing. The workshop is organized as an activity within the network “Swedish Multicore Initiative”.
The scope of the workshop is both hardware and software aspects of multicore computing, including design and development as well as practical usage of systems. The list of interests includes, but is not limited to, the following topics:
- Architecture of multi-core processors, memory systems, and interconnect and on-chip networks
- Parallel programming models, languages, environments
- Parallel algorithms and applications
- Compiler optimizations and techniques for multi-core systems
- Hardware/software design trade-offs in multi-core systems
- Operating system, middleware, and run-time system support for multi-core
- Correctness and performance analysis of parallel hardware and software
- Tools and methods for development and evaluation of multi-core systems
- Embedded, reconfigurable, accelerator-based, GPU and hybrid parallel computing.
For a special session about on-going European projects in the multi-core area, we explicitly welcome submissions of survey papers about related EU FP7 projects where partners from Nordic countries are involved.
Submission of papers:
Participants willing to give a 20 minutes presentation are asked to send an electronic version of a paper presenting original work that does not exceed four pages using the ACM proceedings format via:
Reports on early results and position papers are also encouraged.
Each submitted paper will be read by the program committee and designated reviewers and judged on scientific merit, readability, originality and relevance.
Workshop proceedings with the camera-ready versions of accepted papers will be available at the workshop. Because the proceedings have a small and limited distribution, contributions will not disqualify subsequent publications in conferences or journals.
Sep. 9, 2011 Submission deadline
Oct. 19, 2011 Author notification
Oct. 28, 2011 Camera-ready papers due
Nov. 4, 2011 Registration deadline
Nov. 23, 2011 Tutorials
Nov. 24-25 Workshop
IDA, Linköping University.
Program chair and organization:
Christoph Kessler, LiU
E-mail: mcc2011 (at) ida.liu.se
Parosh Abdulla, UU
Mats Brorsson, KTH
Johan Eker, Ericsson
Anne Elster, NTNU
Karl-Filip Faxen, SICS
Håkan Grahn, BTH
Erik Hagersten, UU
Sven Karlsson, DTU
Krzysztof Kuchcinski, LU
Shashi Kumar, HJ
Johan Lilius, Åbo U.
Björn Lisper, MdH
Dake Liu, LiU
Welf Löwe, LnU
Lasse Natvig, NTNU
Per Stenström, Chalmers
Bertil Svensson, HH
Philippas Tsigas, Chalmers
Andras Vajda, Ericsson