Software Carpentry Bootcamp for Bioinformaticians.
If you want to try out scientific computing, learn how to use the latest technologies for your research or improve your skills in Python programming and program design, then save the date for the Software Carpentry Bootcamp. Best practices for reproducible computational research in a two days intensive workshop in one of the two rooms based on your experience.
Beginners Level workshop content:
– Automating repetitive tasks (command line and shell scripting)
– Basic programming with Python
– Data exploration and visualisation using the IPython Notebook
– Using version control to manage and share information (Git)
Intermediate + Levels workshop content:
– Scientific computing in Python
– Object oriented programming in Python
– Program design
– Collaborating using version control (git)
Konrad Hinsen, Centre de biophysique moleculaire (France)
Karin Lagesen, University of Oslo
Lex Nederbragt, University of Oslo
Please save the date, more information and registration form is coming soon here.
Orginized by: SeRC, BILS, SciLifeLab and Mozilla Science Lab