- You must login in order to post into this group.
Example research: protein structure predictionSeveral scientists in the Bioinformatics community study and develop methods for protein structure prediction.
SeRC faculty Björn Wallner and Arne Elofsson are experts on protein structure predictions and have developed several tools for prediction and assessment. Their web service Pcons.net is a popular and important tool, which has also had success in the evaluation series Critical Assessment of Structure Prediction (CASP). Consider for example the results from CASP10, where four out of top 10 predictors are in the Wallner-Elofsson P-series of methods.
- Larsson P, Skwark MJ, Wallner B, Elofsson A (2011) Improved predictions by Pcons.net using multiple templates. Bioinformatics. 2011 Feb 1;27(3):426-7
- Ray A, Lindahl E, Wallner B (2012) Improved model quality assessment using ProQ2. BMC Bioinformatics. 2012 Sep 10;13(1):224
- Skwark, M.J. and Elofsson, A. (2013) PconsD: ultra rapid, accurate model quality assessment for protein structure prediction. Bioinformatics 29 (14) : 1817-1818.
- Skwark, M.J., Abdel-Rehim, A. and Elofsson, A. (2013) PconsC: combination of direct information methods and alignments improves contact prediction. Bioinformatics 29 (14) : 1815-1816.